Planting Window: Before mid-July
Sunn Hemp cover crop legume seed is a warm season legume, upright and quick in its growth habit. Sunn Hemp needs 60°F soil temps before it can planted and will kill at the first signs of frost.
- Produces significant amounts of nitrogen in 60 days depending on conditions
- Tolerant of dry conditions and low fertility
- Can add up to 5,000+ lbs. of biomass per acre in 7-8 weeks
- Research has shown levels of nematode suppression (root knot, borrowing)
- Seeding Rate: 15 lbs/acre
|When to Terminate|